Saturday, June 18, 2011

EX 9: Visual Thinking Research

1)
Mine:

Answer: E

I used several methods to figure this puzzle out. First, as such problems typically present certain sequence in certain order, I looked for certain patterns among the first four shapes. This is known as the “pattern seeking” method in which I am “activating my perception” by actively searching for the missing pattern to be filled in. Next, I also used the “filling in” method to try to figure out what kind shapes are being presented in each square box in order to find correlation between the first box and the second, second box to the third and so forth. I also used the “categorizing” method by finding the “common features” which is that they are all square shapes. Next, I used the “pattern completion” method by drawing lines in each square.

Friend’s:


My friend used categorizing to find a pattern then noticed that each pattern was only at the right half of the square. Then he cut the squares and came up with a solution in his mind of what it should look like. Then he used the matching method to select the answer.

2)
Mine:


The goal of this puzzle is to count how many triangles are compromised in this cat image. First I used the “finding” method to spot the triangles hidden in this image as some are not as apparent. I also used the visual memory method to remember where each triangles are since it involves counting of each triangles.

Friend's:


He looked for the big triangles first through categorizing, then went back to search for smaller triangles. He left the complicated tail until the end. He used the visual memory and finding methods as well but his approach was more strategic.

No comments:

Post a Comment